LARES TREK & SHORT INCA TRAIL 5 DAYS
In this new 2023 season, visiting Machu Picchu by alternate route allows us to live a much more traditional experiential experience. Our adventure involves camping spaces, a family home and full coexistence with local people and the support team. It is the beginning of an incredible anecdote that we can tell when we return home.
You can live this experience together with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE from start to finish, we take care of coordinating all the important details of the trip with the intention that you don’t have to worry about anything.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Observe the beautiful valley of Lares.
- Live with the local people in their traditions.
- Enjoy the best landscapes that the train tour offers us.
- Tour and visit the precincts of the world wonder of Machu Picchu.
- When confirming the service you must choose the travel date carefully since there is no option to change due to the modality of the entrance ticket, nor is it transferable to a third person or refundable under any circumstances.
- Machu Picchu spaces are very limited, so it is extremely important to have an advance reservation of at least 4 to 6 months in advance, the preparation is meticulous and detailed.
Do I need to have previous experience or physical preparation ?
Yes, it is very important to have adequate physical preparation since the trip is long and challenging. We must be ready upon arrival in Cusco, so they must arrive at least 2 days in advance. The best way to prepare for the trip is to establish some routines that can be daily or weekly in terms of walks that help strengthen our resistance in the legs.
How should I prepare my luggage for this experience ?
The section has different geographies, mainly we will have the presence of a humid and warm climate, so light clothing is always the most recommended, to this we must add only 1 or 2 warm clothes for the nights. Finally, personal items such as power banks, sunglasses, mosquito repellent, rain poncho and others are also important for the trip.
Can I have this experience at any time of the year?
If possible, however, it is not recommended in the rainy months (December – February) because the weather is not pleasant and the rains are very frequent. Ideally, during the rest of the year so that we can ensure that your experience is unforgettable.
Will we have access to showers along the way?
The services that we find along the way are basic, this is part of the management of the entities that regulate it, however they give us the comfort of being able to use them if necessary. As for the showers, we will be able to access hot water at a price that is also considered support for the local population.
What to Bring
- HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN: Spaces are just as special and limited ($80.00 dollars)
- PAIR OF CANES: They will help during the walk for the support points ($15.00 dollars)
- SLEEPING BAG: Lighten the weight in our luggage from home ($25.00 dollars)
- ADDITIONAL PORTER: You can carry the personal luggage that we designate ($150.00 dollars – 7kg)
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete experience, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome service has a panoramic view on the section of the train journey that is a fact that we will enjoy 200%
- additional price:
- One way or return: $40.00 dollars per participant.
- Round trip: $65.00 dollars per participant.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the guided tour in Machu Picchu. It has a price of $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
WHAT TO BRING
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).